Music Labeling Game
Welcome to MajorMiner's music labeling game. The goal of the game, besides just listening to music, is to label songs with original, yet relevant words and phrases that other players agree with. We're going to use your descriptions to teach our computers to recommend music that sounds like the music you already like.
- You will be presented with one randomly selected 10-second music clip at a time.
- Describe that clip with a word or phrase (we call them "tags", here are some examples) and press enter.
- If you're the first person to describe that clip with that tag, you'll get 2 points when the next person tags that clip with that tag.
- If you're the second person to describe that clip with that tag, you'll get 1 point immediately.
- If more than two people have already tagged that clip with that tag, you won't get any points, but you can try another tag.
- Tag each clip as many times as you want, follow one of the "new clip" links to listen to a new one.
- The color of your tags tells you how many points you've scored with them: 2 points, 1 point, no points yet (but could be 2), 0 points.
- Click on the Summary link on the left to find out the names of the artists, albums, and tracks you've been listening to.
- Don't forget to check back frequently to see if your tags have scored any points while you were away.
- For tips about what tags to use, how to enter tags, and more, check out the Frequently Asked Questions.